Perryville fireworks display postponed | Community Spirit
PERRYVILLE, MO (KFVS) - The Perryville Rotary and the Perryville Fire Department has discussed the scheduled Fourth of July fireworks show extensively and announced they will postpone the show for another day.
At the moment, they say that day is undetermined. They say they came to the decision because Perry County, and multiple counties surrounding them, have issued burn bans and several other cities have postponed their shows.
According to the fire department, the fire danger scale currently lists them at “extreme” which is the highest threat for fires. Unfortunately, they say it is just too dangerous. The fire department and rotary says this was a difficult decision and are starting a public awareness campaign now.
For 4th of July events in the Heartland, you can click here to visit our events page.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Upcoming Events near Perry - Missouri County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse