Bone Marrow Donor Drive planned in Perryville | Community Spirit
PERRYVILLE, MO (KFVS) -A bone marrow donor drive will be held Wednesday, September 12 in honor of Macy Westmoreland, daughter of Kevin and Ashley Westmoreland.
Macy was born with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia on March 22, 2012. Her life depends on a bone marrow transplant, and a match has not been found.
The bone marrow donor drive will be at St. Vincent High School Cafeteria located at 210 South Waters Street in Perrryville from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30.
The donor drive is being organized by Macy's family and friends.
Anyone between the ages of 18 and 60 years of age is asked to visit the upcoming drive. The process only requires a cheek swab and a simple questionnaire.
Donors will be placed on a statewide registry.
For more information about the bone marrow drive, contact Jenni Wachter at (720) 301-6025 or Be the Match Registry at (314) 348-5650.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Upcoming Events near Perry - Missouri County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse