Perry County women bake cookies for soldiers | Community Spirit
PERRYVILLE, MO (KFVS) - The VFW Post 4282 Ladies Auxiliary in Perryville spent all weekend baking about 3,000 cookies for troops overseas.
The cookies are intended to be a treat for soldiers with ties to Perry County, Missouri.
The women bake the cookies and sk community members where they can send them.
People of Perry County who have a soldier in their family or friends of a soldier will can give them information of where that soldier is so they can send them a care package of cookies, candy and a letter thanking them for their service.
They have been doing this since 2006 and bake more and more cookies each year.
The group has some soldiers they are sending cookies to, but still have plenty of cookies left to give out.
They are asking for families to step up and tell them where they can send some soldiers some treats.
If they do have cookies left, they will not go to waste. They will give these cookies to veterans in and around the Perry County area like at the VFW and veteran home facilities.
If you would like to have some cookies sent to your soldier, you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse