Perryville man accused of attacking 2 women with knife, shoving 1 in fire | Crime
PERRY COUNTY, MO (KFVS) - A Perryville man was arrested after the sheriff says he attacked two women with a knife and shoved one woman into a fire.
Saturday, July 14 at close to 2 a.m., the Perry County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call from a home on Hwy B in Perryville. The sheriff's office says the caller hung up and did not answer a call back. When deputies arrived, they found Steven L. Crowden, 33, had attacked Leticia Prosser and Betty Crowden with a knife and shoved Betty Crowden into a fire in the back yard. All three were intoxicated.
Steven L. Crowden was taken to Perry County Jail, where as of July 18 he was being held on two counts of first degree domestic assault, and one count of armed criminal action and second degree domestic assault.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse