Cape Girardeau woman accused of taking items from Perry County home | Crime
PERRY COUNTY, MO (KFVS) - A Cape Girardeau woman faces stealing charges out of Perry County, Missouri.
According to the Perry County Sheriff's Office, on Wednesday evening, someone who lives off of County Road 614 reported a young woman, deputies now say was Haws, taking items from the caller's vacant house..
When confronted, Haws reportedly gave the owner a fictitious name and phone number.
On Thursday, Perry County investigators were able to identify and and find Katherine I. Haws, 25, of Cape Girardeau.
Deputies say she was interviewed and confessed to entering the house and a shed on the property and stealing items.
A warrant was issued Friday for Haws, charging her with two counts of class c felony burglary 2nd degree and two counts of class a misdemeanor stealing less than $500.00. She was taken to the Perry County Jail on $5,000 cash only bond.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse