Perry County Recycling to hold free electronics waste recyling event | Environment
PERRYVILLE, MO (KFVS) - There will be a special free of charge, half-day collection of electronics waste for Perry County residents on Saturday, June 2.
Grant money has enabled Perry County Recycling Center to offer a special half-day collection whereby Perry Country residents can can recycle all electronics free of charge.
The special collection will take place on the parking lot of Rozier's Food Centre in Perryville from 8 a.m. to noon on June 2.
The recycling center does offer continuous recycling of appliances and electronics; but ordinarily, monitors would cost $5 each to recycle and televisions would cost $20. Appliances and most other electronics are always free of charge.
There is a limit of two televisions per vehicle for this special event.
All electronics and appliances will be accepted.
Since e-waste is now prohibited in the trash in Perry County, the continuous e-cycling provided by the Perry County Recycling Center and special events such as the one on June 2 offer easy ways to abide by the law and protect the environment as well.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse