Blood drive March 15 in Perryville | Events
PERRYVILLE, MO (KFVS) - March is Red Cross Month.
March was first proclaimed Red Cross Month in 1943 by former President Franklin Roosevelt. Since then, every president, including President Barack Obama, has designated March as Red Cross Month. The Red Cross has been helping people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies for more than 130 years.
Since World War II, the Red Cross has been meeting the needs of patients throughout the U.S. and today partners with more than 3,000 hospitals and transfusion centers, providing blood products and specialized laboratory services. From cancer patients and accident victims to premature babies and those with blood disorders, someone needs blood every two seconds.
See this list of blood drives in Perry County for March:
- March 15 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Perryville High School, 326 College in Perryville, Mo.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse