Mo.'s State Parks show increased attendance in 2011 | News
(KFVS) - Attendance at Missouri's State Parks saw a dramatic increase in 2011, according to Gov. Jay Nixon.
Nixon says this is another sign of Missouri's economic recovery. He says more than 17.8 million guests visited Missouri's State Parks in 2011, a 9.1 percent increase from 2010.
“Having personally visited each of Missouri’s 85 state parks, I know that Missouri State Parks provide folks with fun, healthy opportunities to enjoy the outdoors,” Gov. Nixon said. “Whether you’re seeking adventure, wanting to learn more about our state’s history, or simply looking for a place to relax – there’s a state park that’s right for you. I encourage families to experience all that the Show-Me State has to offer.”
In 2011, Missouri State Parks was ranked as one of the top four state park systems in the country by the National Recreation and Parks Association.
For more information on Missouri State Parks visit MO.gov.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Perry - Missouri County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jackson Co. Health Dept. reminds about holiday recycling
- 2 arrested in connection with attempted Carbondale business burglary
- Retired Carbondale police officer talks about Black Panther attacks
- Mother of teens killed in crash talks to Carbondale police
- String band to present "An Old Timey Christmas" at John A. Logan Museum