Southbound I-55 to be reduced for road work | News
(KFVS) - The Missouri Department of Transportation says southbound Interstate 55 in Ste. Genevieve, Perry and Cape Girardeau Counties will be reduced to one lane with a 20-foot width restriction while contractor crews prepare the shoulder for new guard cable.
This section of road is located between Route J/N at Ozora and Route E at Oak Ridge.
Weather permitting, crews will be working Monday, April 16 through Tuesday, April 17 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
MoDOT says the work zone will be marked with signs. Drivers are urged to use extreme caution while in the area.
For additional information, contact Resident Engineer Jason Williams at (573) 431-4933 or MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636) or visit www.modot.org/southeast.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse