Town hall meeting regarding broadband in Perryville | News
PERRYVILLE, MO (KFVS) - The Southeast Missouri Regional Planning and Economic Development Commission is hosting a town hall meeting at 10 a.m. on Thursday, April 26.
The meeting will take place at 1 West St. Joseph Street in Perryville.
The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss the draft plan to expand broadband service to rural areas, as well to prioritize goals for broadband and to consider the next steps to be taken to complete the planning process.
The state's goal is to increase broadband accessibility to 95 percent of the total population.
The Missouri BroadbandNow Initiative was funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act adopted by Congress in 2009. Missouri received over $310 million and 17 broadband projects were funded in the state.
Time will be allowed at the end of the Regional Technology Planning Team discussions on various segments of the draft plan for public comment.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse