Three groups receive 'I'm Pet Friendly' grants | News
PERRYVILLE, MO (KFVS) - Three animal care organizations recently received the "I'm Pet Friendly" grant.
The grants of $2,000 each were received by Perry Animal Welfare Society, BARC of St. Louis County, and Creative Communities, INC of Wayne County.
The money will go to support these organizations' spay and neuter programs.
These organizations were recognized with the grants due to their efforts to assist animal shelters and low income pet owners care for dogs and cats in southeastern Missouri and St. Louis County.
The grants were given out by Missouri Director of Agriculture, Dr. Jon Hagler. They are funded through Missouri's "I'm Pet Friendly" license plate program. The sale of each plate provides $20 to Missouri's spay and neuter program.
This is the fourth year for the program.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse