Deadly Perryville bicycle crash victim identified | News
PERRYVILLE, MO (KFVS)- A bicyclist was killed after being struck by a vehicle early Friday evening in Perryville.
It happened around 7 p.m. on Highway 51 south of Brenda Avenue.
According to Perry County Coroner Herb Miller, the victim was Robert Pinar, 71, of Perryville.
According to Police Chief Keith Tarrillion, Pinar was riding the bicycle and went around parked Ford Explorer on the shoulder of Highway 51. He was then struck by a Ford Edge traveling southbound on Highway 51. Pinar was thrown forward and he struck the Ford Explorer.
Coroner Herb Miller says Pinar was on a bike ride exercising with his wife. Miller feels the crash was accidental.
The crash is still under investigation.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse