Boy Scouts fall short of canned goods goal, ask for more | News
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS)- The Boy Scouts still need your help in their Scouting for Food drive.
The numbers are in and organizers with the Shawnee District say they took in a couple thousand less than the 35,000 they collected last year.
They're still asking for more donations as they work to fill the huge need this year.
If you'd like to make a donation, you can bring cans to the scout office or U.S. Bank branch on Gordonville Road.
Or, if you'd like, you can bring cans to local food pantries in Perry, Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, and Scott counties.
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse