St. Vincent Catholic School in Perryville recently receives $132,000 grant | News
PERRYVILLE, MO (KFVS) - St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Schools recently received a $132,000 grant for services to the community and providing a Catholic education to those who cannot afford one.
On Jan. 28, the first day of Catholic Schools Week 2013, Bishop Edward Rice celebrated the mass of thanksgiving where the Director of the Annual Catholic Appeal, Tim Sullivan; Vice-Chair of the ACA Board Jim Crowley and an ACA Board member Corliss Cox presented to St. Vincent a check for $132,000.
Each year, the Archdiocese of St. Louis conducts its Annual Catholic Appeal which asks all church members to be stewards which then serves young, parishes, and people within parishes. This year, St. Vincent says 59,000 households contributed to this fund, which reaches education, homeless shelters, food pantries and other Catholic facilities serving individuals with financial and other needs.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse