Civil War exhibit opens in Perryville | News
PERRYVILLE, MO (KFVS)- Saturday marked the
grand opening of a Civil War exhibit at the Perry County Military History
Museum at the Perryville Higher Education Center.
The Missouri State
Archives released a lot of Civil War-era documents, memorabilia and photos.
There were also
re-enactors on hand.
It is all aimed at
bringing attention to Missouri's role in the war, which killed hundreds of
There weren't many
battles happening in Perry County, but they did have a Union militia set up,
charged with keeping out Confederate intruders.
The exhibit is open Sunday from noon to 6 p.m., and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Upcoming Events near Perry - Missouri County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse