Several injured after car loses control, hits ambulance | News
STE. GENEVIEVE COUNTY, MO (KFVS)- Several people were injured Wednesday morning in a crash involving a car and an ambulance in Ste. Genevieve County.
It happened around 8:50 a.m. on Interstate 55, 2/10 of a mile north of Route 32 exit.
According to Missouri Highway Patrol, a car driven by Rhonda L. Sexton, 40, of Ste. Genevieve was northbound and ran off the right side of the road and hit three signs. Sexton then overcorrected her car and went into a lane hitting an ambulance.
Six people in the ambulance received minor injuries. They are all from Perryville. They were all taken to a Ste. Genevieve hospital for treatment.
Sexton received serious injuries and was taken to Mercy Jefferson by ambulance for treatment.
Copyright 2013 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse