Spreading the Warmth project helps those in need | Schools
PERRYVILLE, MO (KFVS) - Thoughtful and caring Perryville High School students applied for and received a grant from Teen Council to make blankets to donate to children in need.
The project was called Spreading the Warmth. Students made 27 tie blankets which were then donated to the Division of Children and Family Services, East Missouri Action Agency and the Regional Family Crisis Center.
"The students enjoyed making the blankets, but found it especially rewarding to deliver them to those who needed them," said supervising teacher Michele Pellikan. "The activity taught the students that there are always individuals in need and that you can't help financially, you can donate your time to help out."
Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.
Top Perry - Missouri County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Treasurer Clint Zweifel returns unclaimed property, including to Southeast Mo.
- Old Town Cape announces 'Christmas Fun for Everyone' as 2013 Parade of Lights theme
- 1 dead after crash on LaSalle St. in Cape Girardeau
- Gov. Nixon proclaims May 18 National Kids to Parks Day
- Benefactors enhance décor at CJHS Tiger Fieldhouse